A B2C Service provider had gone through a period of considerable change and was suffering from poor performance.
- The staff felt demotivated, teams did not collaborate, and there was a feeling that no one was taking any initiative.
- Senior management complained about spending too much time in meetings, dealing with operational matters.
- Middle management blamed for lack of leadership and much of the lower level staff cynical about attempts to improve morale.
- Sales were down despite a booming market.
- Internal cost increases put pressure on the profitability of the business.